So, during the month of October we began to get bids. We must have had 6 or so different companies come to bid for us. We had some money set aside, so the main priority was to find a roofer who would bid what we had. The lowest bid came close, so we hired him. The first week of November, they worked on our roof. I couldn't believe that it only took 2 days, and I also couldn't believe that my daughter could nap through all the noise! Now the roof is completely finished and looks great. One project down!
This past week, we began a project inside our house. Our home is a 2 story, 3 bedroom home, with the master on the first level. We also have a family room upstairs, which we are currently using as my hubby's office and a playroom for Juliet. Many of you know that we are in the process of adopting from China. When we bring our new daughter home, we want to put her and Juliet in the same room. Juliet's current room is quite small, so we decided to have the family room closed off and made into a fourth bedroom. That room is quite large, and the two girls should fit nicely in it! Here is a photo of the room before.
Here are a couple of the *nearly finished product.
| This doorway was added. There was not a frame for a door before. |
| Pretty purple |
Finally, today I was able to mount the boards for my Roman Shades. Hubs actually mounted them and attached the pulleys. I hung the shades on the mounting. Here's how they turned out.
| BTW...I love my crafter's staple gun!!! Best.Tool.Ever! |
They're still not in "working" order. I have yet to sew the lift rings on the back yet, but that's my next project. At least now the neighbors behind us don't have a full view straight through our house at night any longer. Yes, our house is beginning to feel like our home!
No comments:
Post a Comment