Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Making dinner easy

I see it on Facebook all the time, and I hear it at social events with my friends.  Moms are fed up with the cost of groceries and are wishing they could get out of that dinner-time rut.  I've felt it too.  Seems like every week, I sit down to make my meals list, and I draw a blank.  In my house, Wildtree really helps me with that dinner time dilemma.  Tonight's dinner was shrimp scampi with pasta and green beans.  Sounds like a really well put together plan, right?  Wrong.

At 3pm, I had no meat thawed and no idea of what to make.  I quickly opened my freezer and saw several options: chicken, salmon, steak, ground beef/turkey, or a half-used bag of frozen shrimp (I know what you're thinking....that's a lot of meat!  I shop for meat at Costco...need I say more??).  I figured the shrimp would thaw the quickest, so out it came, onto my counter.  At that moment, I had absolutely no idea what to do with the shrimp.  I just set it aside to let it thaw and went back to what I had been doing.  After all, I had two whole hours to figure it out! :)  So, at 4:30pm, I came back to the kitchen and began washing and peeling the shrimp, which was now mostly thawed.  As I was doing this, it came to me.  I knew I had pasta, and I had seen a few bags of frozen veggies in the freezer.  I peeled and cleaned the shrimp, put it in a Ziplock bag and added some Wildtree Basil Pesto grapeseed oil and Wildtree Scampi blend.  Then I closed the bag and shook it up until the shrimp were coated.  Then I boiled water for the pasta and cooked it, sauteed the shrimp for about 5 minutes, and the frozen veggies were the microwavable kind, ready in 5 minutes.  Voile!  Dinner in 20 minutes.  It was delicious, easy, and best of all...I already had everything I needed to make it in my pantry or freezer.  That is the beauty of Wildtree.

Well, needless to say, that got me thinking.  I began to wonder what other meals I could make using Wildtree and the food I have RIGHT NOW in my fridge/freezer and pantry.  I came up with a few options and listed them below.  
1.  Sloppy Joe's with watermelon (using frozen ground turkey and Wildtree's sloppy Joe blend, tomato paste and buns).
2.  Baked salmon with Wildtree's Lemon Rosemary blend, and a bag of frozen cauliflower.
3.  Baked or pan-cooked chicken breast with Wildtree's Rotisserie Chicken Blend, a bag of frozen corn and a side of wild rice.
4.  Cajun chicken salad, using pan-cooked chicken breasts with Wildtree's Cajun Blend, spinach, tomatoes, shredded cheese and carrots.
5.  Taco salad, using 1 lb. frozen ground beef, Wildtree's Taco Seasoning, spinach, tomatoes, shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, salsa and tortilla chips.
6.  Steak, baked garlic potatoes and canned green beans, using Wildtree's Ranchers Steak Rub on the meat and Garlic and Herb blend on the potatoes.  

Wow!  Who knew I had 6 meals in my freezer, fridge and pantry, ready to go?  And I went to the grocery store almost a week ago!  I could even wrestle up a dessert or two.  I know for sure I've got some of Wildtree's gluten free brownies and Molten Lava Cake mix.  This is what Wildtree does for busy moms; we make dinnertime easy, hassle and worry-free.

Sure, I could buy those mixes and blends (or something similar) at the grocery store, but unless I was going to shop at Whole Foods and spend $100, my mixes and blends would also be LOADED with garbage like silicon dioxide (an anti-caking agent) and Ethoxyquin (a preservative).  By the way, both ingredients I just mentioned are in a packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning...pretty scary.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to feed stuff I can't even pronounce to my family.  In addition, the second ingredient in that packet of Taco Seasoning is salt.  One serving of this seasoning (2 tsp.) contains almost 25% of my daily salt requirement.  That's a lot of salt.

Wildtree really does make dinner time easy.  I'll admit, there's a small initial investment to get a few blends that are versatile enough to use in a variety of ways, but once you have those blends/mixes, you are good to go for MONTHS!  So in the long run, Wildtree is also very cost-effective too.  I know I've been beating the Wildtree drum a lot lately, but it's a product I really do believe in, and one I use and love!  Questions?  Great!  I'd love to answer them.  Happy meal planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment