Several other things have been going on in the last month or so. First, a couple of weeks ago, we had a friend of mine from MOPS come over and take some new pics of Juliet. Here is a link to her website. Here are a few of my favorites.
As you can tell, she is very talented. Of course, she did have a GORGEOUS subject. :) The nice thing about having her come was that she did the pics in our house; we didn't have to go anywhere! She came after Juliet's nap and was only here for about half an hour. If you live in the Austin area, you should consider giving her your business. Go local!!!
Secondly, hubby's grandfather passed away. Hubs took a day off last week so that we could go to Schlitterbaun (the best waterpark EVER). After our day in the sun, we got dressed, packed up our cooler and headed back to the car. When we got in, hubs looked at his phone. He'd missed three calls from his family; I knew something was wrong. Hubs is taking it hard. Grandpa's death was sudden, and the whole family was taken by surprise. I guess that's life though. We never really know how much time we have. Every day is a gift, and it's good to be reminded of that from time to time. I just wish hubs didn't have to go through the pain he's feeling. But I suppose that too is a part of life.
I'd like to end this post by sharing with you something from my summer book study. Several gals from my BBC Bible study group have been working through the book, Idols of the Heart, by Elyse Fitzpatrick this summer. The chapter we read this past week was especially convicting. The chapter was called "Longing for God." It was talking about things in life that take priority over God. The one that got to me was the desire for relaxation. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my baby down for her nap, and instead of spending time praying or studying my Bible, I decide to veg in front of the T.V. or my computer. Here's the quote that made me wince, "Instead of desiring a time of restful fellowship with their Creator, they use the time away from work in any of a myriad of god-less activities...rest from work is spent in shallow play before a television screen, reading frivolous books or, ultimately, idleness in the retirement years." Um...ouch. Does this describe anyone else, or am I alone in my desire for mindless "rest"? So, I repent and ask God to help me make time with Him a priority. As the author said, I want to, I NEED to, learn to long for God.
So there you have it...my life in a nutshell for the last couple of weeks. Oh, and by the way...this post seriously took me about two hours to write because my computer is being naughty...it keeps acting up, and I keep having to restart it and try again. I need hubs to fix it!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment