Saturday, December 10, 2011

Juliet's latest accomplishments

I was thinking about my blog the other day and realized I haven't devoted a post to my daughter in a while.  And though I enjoy sharing my newest crafts and deepest thoughts with you, what is a blog about motherhood without writing about one's child?  Juliet's changed so much in the last few months.  She's no longer a baby, clumsily learning to walk.  She's a full-fledged toddler.  Now I know I'm not the only mother to marvel at her child's development.  But lately, little Miss has had me marveling.  She's so smart; sometimes I think it's scary.  Here are some of her latest accomplishments:

~ She can put two and even three words together.  For example, she says, "Up, please." She can also say things like, "More clementine" or even "More clementine, please."  Except when she says clementine, it actually sounds like, "memenine".

~ She recognizes places.  For example, she will see Lowes or HEB and know what they are.  She REALLY loves going to Lowes and gets very upset if we drive by and don't go inside.  She also recognizes the place we go for ice cream, the gym, Grammie's neighborhood and church.  Yesterday, we had the news on at night and she saw an HEB commercial and said, "HEB, HEB, HEB!!!"  (That's our local grocery store for all you non-Texans.)  She also recognizes logos on grocery sacks.  Another one of her favorite places is Costco.  She loves going to Costco.

~ The other night, she looked up at our stockings hanging on the mantel.  She saw mine, which has a manger scene, and she pointed at it and said, "Jesus."  I have no idea where she learned the baby in the manger is Jesus, because we haven't talked much about that yet.  I just thought she'd be too young to get that...guess not!

~ She tells us which book she wants to read.  She's on a huge "Cat in the Hat" kick right now.  Last week it was, "Are you My Mother?"  She brings me the book and says, "Read.  Read, please Mama."  Then she grabs my hand and puts the book in it.

~ She's beginning to recognize letters.  She really likes the letter "B".  Tonight in the bath tub, she had her foam letters out.  Hubs put a B, Q, and P on the tub wall and she correctly identified each one.  She's also learning numbers.  She can't quite count on her own, but she repeats her toys when they count.

~ She loves Dora, and as a result has learned some Spanish words.  She knows open, up, hello, stars, some numbers and a handful of other Spanish words.  I confess, watching Dora with her, I've learned some Spanish myself!

~ One day, when I was getting her milk, she said, "Cow juice."  Who taught her that??  But she's right...milk is indeed, cow juice.

I can't believe she's growing so fast.  It's so hard to keep these memories fresh in my mind, and I know that I'll forget many of them.  I'm glad I have a blog to record a few sweet memories to remind myself in later years.  Each moment is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment