I'm so excited for this year. It's a big year for us. This is the year our family will change from a family of three to a family of four. So many of my friends are expecting babies; we're expecting a 4-year old. It's kind of crazy when we think too long on it. Our sweet Juliet will have a big sister; an instant playmate.
This is our little girl; this is Dang Yun Zhen, but we call her Liesel. About five weeks ago, we received word that we had been approved to proceed with our plans to adopt her. When we received formal approval, we were able to share her photo with friends and family. During the first week of December, our paperwork was sent to China for the government to review. My case worker sent me the FedEx tracking number, and I watched until it arrived at its destination.
Many of you may not know that we are adopting through the special needs program. I don't want to give to much information on her specific medical condition, but you'll be happy to know that thanks to the excellent care little Liesel has received in her city in north-central China, she is thriving; growing, learning and developing right on schedule. We anticipate a smooth transition once she arrives.
Many of you who read my blog regularly also know that about five months ago, we realized we were going to be a little short of the needed funds to complete the adoption. Since we're trying to do this Dave Ramsey style, it was our hope to complete the adoption debt free. Through Wildtree, our October garage sale, and adjustments in our own personal budgeting, I'm happy to say that we've managed to put away an additional $3500. I think that will be about half-way to what we need, although I'd like to see $4000-$4500 put away, just in case extra expenses arise. We also have some plans in the upcoming months to help bring in that money.
On January 31, I'm hosting a Noonday Trunk Show. Noonday is an awesome Austin company, and they'll donate 10% of the proceeds from my Trunk Show towards our adoption. In March, I'm planning another massive fundraiser garage sale. At the last one, we raised nearly $1400 when all was said and done, so I'm hoping to raise at least that or maybe a little more in March. I'm also still working my Wildtree business, although business has slowed some since the holidays began. I'd appreciate your prayers for new customers and for people to host tastings.
So for now, we're just waiting. We have to wait for final approval and an invitation to travel to pick up our daughter. We are hoping that our travel will occur between March and June of this year. We will keep updating you, and we want you to know that we greatly appreciate your thoughts, well-wishes and prayers. Blessings to you and yours in this New Year!

Sounds great! Things are moving right along for you guys! :)
ReplyDelete