First of all, hubby's sister (who also lives in Austin) was pregnant and due on December 15. She started having contractions that day, and my newest nephew, baby M, was born in the wee hours of the morning on December 16, one day before my anniversary. Here's the little cutie.
The most amazing thing to me about baby M, is that he was 22 1/4 inches long!! Did I mention his daddy is 6'7" or something crazy like that?? I think he's going to follow in daddy's tall footsteps.
On December 19, an army of in-laws arrived. My husbands parents and his brother, sister-in-law and their three kiddos flew in from California. His parents stayed with his sister, and his brother's family stayed with us. In total, there were four adults and four kids in my house for five full days! It was chaotic to say the least, but so much fun.
Juliet had a blast playing with her cousins. She ran around after the two older ones all day long. It's a good thing too, because I was busy cooking meals most of the time. Her cousins are age 6, 3, and 10 months, so she fit right in between to two youngest.
| Here they all are watching, "Dora." |
We spent a lot of time at home, just letting the kids go nuts. But we also spent some time at my sister-in-law's house. We got some great family photos there.
| Three generations together for Christmas |
| Holding my youngest niece and my brand new nephew |
And just as quickly as they came...they left! Their flight left at 7:30pm on Christmas day. My parents graciously agreed to take Juliet for the night. After everyone left around 4:30 pm, I lay down on the couch and didn't move until I went to bed at 9pm. I napped in the afternoon for three days afterward because I was so worn out. But it was well worth it! Get together's with hubs entire family are few and far between because they live so far away. It was a rare treat...one we enjoyed immensely!
No comments:
Post a Comment