It all started last October. Our first garage sale was barely over. I stood in our garage and looked at the leftovers. I decided not to give them to Salvation Army as I'd planned, just in case I decided to try another one in the spring. Around January, I started asking for donations. As if my friends hadn't heard enough! For months I've been begging for Wildtree customers, attendees to fundraising hostess parties, and now..."Hey, give me your stuff...again!" Fortunately, our friends don't seem to mind. They've really stepped up! Just take a look at our garage.
| Yikes! |
| We have two double-wide clothing racks full of adult clothes, plus 3 huge black trash-bags full. |
| One of my Christmas boxes |
| Kitchen, housewares...little of this, little of that |
~a side by side refrigerator--$120
~a Jack LaLaine juicer--$60
~a weight bench--$40
~a glider rocking chair--$50
That's a total of $270 already! It's a good start.
The garage sale is next weekend. Only ten days away! I'm so ready to get it over with. So many people have stepped up to donate items, bring us folding tables and hangers, volunteer to help with the sale, volunteer to provide lunch for my helpers; we've even had a few people give us checks! We feel so blessed and so encouraged by the generosity of the body of Christ. For those who pray, please pray for us to meet our $2000 goal (or exceed it), and pray for good weather! Rain would be a huge downer. I will be posting again with the results. Seriously, when this is over, I need to get my head examined!
Best of luck to you! We definitey need to do a garage sale at our house soon...it's amazing how quickly things accumulate ;)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I have a giveaway going on for a free facial in Austin. Jill, who has 10 years experience in Hollywood, has recently moved from LA to Austin. I had a facial with her and it was amazing! Since it's a local giveaway...entries are low so your chances are high! Feel free to check it out. After all it's a free facial :)
http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com/2012/03/austin-tx-just-jill-cosmetics-review.html