Happy Easter! I really love this time of year. Since my daughter was born in April, this time of year always finds me feeling sentimental and nostalgic. This Easter, I wanted to make my daughter's Easter dress. I bought a sewing machine last summer, and I've been trying to learn how to use it. In January, I bought a pattern and the fabric. However, I didn't get around to making the dress until the Sunday before Easter. I went to my sister-in-law's house (an avid seamstress), and she helped me. Actually, I cut out the fabric, pressed seams, pinned pieces together, etc... and she did most of the sewing. The final result was well worth all the effort. My sweet little Juliet looked like a princess!


On Sunday morning, after we got ready, we took a moment to get some photos of us all dressed up. They turned out pretty well!
After the "photo-shoot", we went to church. We enjoyed a wonderful morning service with our church family. On Sunday afternoon, my mom and dad came over. Juliet had just woken up from her nap when they arrived. We all went out into the back yard, and Juliet hunted for Easter eggs. Most of her eggs had money in them, but we did put some candy in a few. Juliet found all but one egg, and then had fun opening them with her Grammie.
 |
| She had a lot of fun putting the money in her piggy. |
 |
| She was also very excited about the candy! |
After the hunt, we all sat down to a delicious Easter dinner. It was such a nice, relaxed day. Juliet's favorite part was playing with Grammie, I think!
I thought I'd end this entry with a collage of my last three Easters. As I was putting this together, I couldn't help but think how much things have changed in that period of time. Juliet looks so different than she did last Easter. She is growing so fast! Happy Easter everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment