Thank you so much for being patient. I know many of you already know what's going on this week, but some may not. On Monday, we received word that Liesel's passport issue had been resolved, and we were clear to fly out and get her! Our "gotcha day" is Monday, July 16! Hubs and I are flying out on July 10. We plan to spend two days and three nights in Beijing, playing tourist, before flying to Taiyuan, Shanxi on Saturday, July 14. It is in Taiyuan that she will officially become our daughter. After a week or so in Taiyuan, we will continue on to Guangzhou for our consulate appointment on Tuesday, July 24. Provided everything goes smoothly, we will be flying home on Friday, July 27 and will arrive in Austin that evening.
As you might imagine, we are crazed with preparations. I keep thinking of things to do. I really need to start keeping a list! We bought our plane tickets on Tuesday. Fortunately, our agent was able to save us some money on Liesel's ticket home, so the tickets only ended up costing about $400 more total than they would have the previous week. Also, we've been in contact with our coordinator in Beijing. She's planned our entire stay in that city, and I am really looking forward to it! I've been to Beijing twice before, but hubs has never been. Our plans include the Great Wall (of course), and some other tourist meccas.
Despite all of the business, I'm finding time for Juliet. I've suddenly realized that our time alone together is fleeting. I'm cherishing every hug and kiss, every bath, every cuddle and book, every bedtime, every song and snuggle, and there have been more than a few teary eyes along the way. In just a few short weeks, my time will be divided and she'll have to learn to share her Momma. I'm realizing it will be just as hard on me.
I'll leave you with the new photo we received of Liesel today. She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her in person. While we're in China, I'll try to post photos and other updates on my blog. I'm not sure what kind of internet access I will have, but I'll do my best. Thank you again for all your prayers and support. They are VERY much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

She is just beautiful!! We've been praying for your trip & your "gotcha" moment, for her heart, and the journey home. Keep us updated when you can! So excited for y'all!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you in your journey and the growth of your family. Both of your daughters are just darling and I love the pictures that you have been posting. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you labor with preparations and journeys before you are together as a family.
ReplyDelete