Saturday, February 23, 2013

Big News....

We have some big news in our house...I'm pregnant!  I found out way back on December 13, just four days before our 7th anniversary.  We are, needless to say, super thrilled.  I know most of my readers are probably the same people that I'm friends with on Facebook, but just in case...now you know.  I'm due August 22 and have just entered into my second trimester.  Although I'm not too happy about being hugely pregnant during a Texas summer, I could not be more thrilled to be welcoming a new baby into our family.  The truth is, Hubs and I have been wanting to add a new little one for a while, but with the adoption, we had to put that plan on hold.  We needed to complete the adoption and make sure Liesel had time to adapt, adjust and become part of our family.  Fortunately, she's awesome, and we didn't have to wait too long.

The girls are excited, Liesel most of all.  She has been outing me to people for weeks; our neighbors, all her nurses and doctors at the hospital, her teacher, other various random people, etc...  This is the main reason we didn't tell them until I was ten weeks along.  She's also ready to be my big helper when the baby comes.  She's told me that she will hold the baby and change its diapers.  Juliet has seemed rather ambivalent until just recently.  It's hard to know what she really understands as she's not yet three, but she has recently informed me that the baby will be a girl.  She also recently snuggled up closed to my belly and said, "Hi baby, I'm Juliet!"

I'm doing well.  I've had a lot more energy than I did while pregnant with Juliet, but also more nausea and food aversions.  This past week, I'm sorry to say that I got a majority of my daily calories from Double Stuff Oreos and milk.  I've also been extremely emotional and emotionally unstable.  This is different from my first pregnancy too, but as hubs so loving pointed out, I have a lot more going on in my life this time around.

Soon, exciting things will start happening.  I'll feel the baby move, have my sonogram and start to show to more people than myself.  I'm looking forward to all these changes.  God has been so good and faithful to us over the past year, and His goodness continues in this new blessing.  We could not be more thrilled to be adding to our family, and we are look forward with great expectation to meeting this new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment