Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's a GIRL!!!

If you're friends with me on Facebook, this is old news.  Yes, in August, hubs and I will be bringing home another sweet baby girl.  I have to say, I am still adjusting to this news.  For months, I'd convinced myself that I was carrying a boy.  I even referred to the baby as "he".  Although I'm still in a state of mild shock, I'm by no means disappointed.  A girl means I get to re-use all of Juliet's baby things.  She had so many cute outfits that I know will be such a blessing to pull out, wash and sort all over again in preparation for this new little one.  I can't wait to take that stroll down memory lane.  A girl also means our two other little girls will have a new sister, which they are beyond excited about.  What I really want to share with y'all is the name we've chosen for our new daughter.  But first, pictures.


This is her leg and foot.  In this photo, she had both legs stretched out and crossed at the ankles.  I love it.  She's just chillin'.  Hopefully, this is an indication as to her personality!  

The top photo is her tiny arm/elbow/hand, and on the bottom, a profile of her face.  You can see, with near perfect detail her head, nose, mouth, chin and ear.  I find this completely remarkable, especially considering she weighs a mere 10 oz.  

The sonogram revealed that she looks totally normal and healthy.  At this point, it seems that she is progressing in her development as she should.  The stenographer spotted no abnormalities, nor any areas of concern, for which we praise God.  

We decided to name her Lydia Charlotte.  I came across Lydia randomly on a baby name website.  However, the more I thought about the name, the more I liked it.  Lydia is a Greek name, meaning noble.  Lydia can be found in the New Testament, in Acts 16.  After Paul received the Macedonian call, he traveled to Philippi, where he met a woman named Lydia who was "a seller of purple goods; who was a worshiper of God."  Acts 16 tells us that the Lord opened her heart to the things Paul was saying.  Then she was baptized and invited Paul and his companions to stay in her home.  Just a few verses later, Paul and Silas were jailed.  Upon their miraculous release and the conversion of the Philippian jailer, they went immediately to Lydia's home where they saw and encouraged the brothers, or believers before departing.  I just love this story.  I love how God opens the hearts of those who honestly seek Him.  This, of course, is my prayer for this sweet daughter of mine (and my other daughter's too), that she would earnestly seek God and come to know Him.  

Charlotte is a French name, meaning tiny or feminine.  As my husband's heritage is part French, he loved the name immediately.  Charlotte was his first choice.  I did like Charlotte, but it wasn't my favorite, so we compromised and made it her middle name.  Consequently, Charlotte also allows us to continue our baby name theme of character names from the T.V. series, Lost.  This was by no means a requirement, but it was kind of fun to see if we could come up with a name from the show that we both liked enough to include in the naming of our child.  

Now we wait.  It's hard to believe that I'm already almost half way through my pregnancy.  So far, I've had only minor discomfort and nausea.  I certainly have nothing to complain about.  Mostly, we just can't believe how good God has been and continues to be to us.  We eagerly await the end to our long Texas summer, as it will bring the birth of our third daughter!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment