Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lydia's newborn pictures

Tomorrow, Lydia will be one month old.  I can hardly believe that much time has already lapsed.  It makes me truly thankful that we had the foresight to schedule a newborn photography session with my good friend, Hollie, with Rubigirl Photography.  Hollie came to our house for our session on Saturday, September 7, 2013 when Lydia was just five days old.  As always, her vision and ability to capture special moments was impeccable.







I'm so glad I finished knitting that blanket for Lydia before she was born.  I love the soft green underneath her in these pictures.  Just looking at them now, I can already see how much she's grown in just a few short weeks, and I'm so thankful we captured her first week this way.  Our babies really do grow and change much too quickly, don't they?  

Lydia, unfortunately, was not super cooperative that morning.  She was awake most of the time Hollie was there, and was somewhat annoyed that we kept messing with her.  Fortunately, my parents were at our house and were able to entertain and occupy the attention of Liesel and Juliet so we could focus on capturing a few beautiful shots of our little Lydia Lou.  And yes, it did take three adults to keep this little miss happy!  We also managed to get some "fun" shots, unexpected gems that came from our shoot.  






One of my desires from our time with Hollie, was to get a nice family photo.  I have to admit, I'm very self-conscious about my figure right now.  I'm still carrying 25 pounds of baby weight, and nothing really fits, even my big clothes.  I battled myself over whether or not to be seen in these photos, but I'm so glad I allowed her to take some with me.  When my girls look back at these photos, they won't think, "Man, Mom sure was overweight in these pictures!"  I don't want my own insecurities to cause me to miss out on special family moments.  So, I put my anxieties aside and look what Hollie captured!


I love Juliet's expression in this picture.  This face is just so her.  It's literally as if you can see into her brain and she's saying, "Are we done yet??"  She really cracks us up!  

What a blessing it is to have a friend who captures moments like this for a living.  A special thanks to Hollie with Rubigirl Photography, for blessing our family with these special memories.  What a whirlwind this past month has been!  









No comments:

Post a Comment