Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankfulness

I'm enjoying having a newborn a lot more this time around.  We moved to Texas when Juliet was just 6 weeks old, and I spent a very long, lonely, difficult summer alone in a house with a baby that cried...for hours.  She had reflux.  She didn't sleep, ever... or at least it felt that way.  I didn't have a single friend, or a home church to rely on, and if it hadn't been for my mom and her help, I would have gone crazy.  I constantly questioned myself and my parenting skills (or lack of them).  And I worried...did I ever worry.

Lydia has been a completely different experience.  As I was driving home from somewhere the other day, I started thinking about how much happier I am as a mom this time around.  The Holy Spirit started bringing people to mind who bless me (and yes, I'm going to name them); Nicole, Morgan, Lucia, Lauren, Hollie, Jade, Barby, Milca, Ambra, Sonya, Cory (and the rest of my adoption friends), my entire Sunday school class, more MOPS friends than I could name, dear friends from Kansas City that we miss every day, etc...  The list really could just keep going, and I am so thankful for each and every one!

I love this time of year.  November and December are two of my favorite months because they involve lots of family and togetherness.  I also love taking time to reflect on the things I'm thankful for.  I really believe that attitudes are contagious, and a thankful spirit (even if it's in someone else) really does cheer the heart.  I really have so much to be thankful for.  God has blessed me with a wonderful, kind, devoted, loving husband and father.  We will celebrate 8 years next month, and I can't believe that much time has passed.  We have 3 beautiful, smart, sweet daughters, who bring joy (and consternation) to our lives everyday, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Even though my children add chaos and messiness to my life, it's kind of beautiful in a way.  This holiday season as you pause to remember your blessings, I hope you too find time to be thankful, even in the mess.


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.   ~Ephesians 2:10


Here are some memories I'm thankful for from October

My brother's wedding

My beautiful flower girls with Grammie and Grandpa



On the way to the wedding! 

Pumpkin patch at our church, benefiting Redeemed Ministries.





Making pumpkin pie from scratch











 

No comments:

Post a Comment