Can I confess something to you? I love Essential Oils. There I said it... phew! In the past year, I've gone through this progression.
"That friend of mine is a total liar... no way she's replaced her OTC meds with EO's."
"Okay, I'll give them a try, but I don't believe they're going to work,"
"Okay, so they work for some things, like allergies, but they'll never work for more serious illnesses."
"Wow! I just took EO's for 3 days and my cold was completely stopped in its tracks! This is amazing!"
I am by no means a doctor. I don't profess to know much about anatomy and physiology or chemistry, but I do know one thing... Essential Oils are amazing and they WORK!
I know a several people who use various oils from different companies, but what made me settle on DoTerra was my two friends, Sonya and Marlana. Both ladies were formerly pediatric nurses, now with children of their own, and had told me how well EO's work, piquing my curiosity to try them. Both use DoTerra. Intially, I became a DoTerra preferred member so that I could purchase the oils at a 20% discount. I bought the family physicians kit, which included several of their bestselling oils and blends. I was told by my friends that I could treat most things with the oils in that kit. I purchased the oils in December and waited for someone to get sick. Unfortunately, we were all super healthy this past winter, so I had to put my oils to use in other ways. I discovered many everyday ways to use them that I really enjoyed. Here's a list of my favorite everyday uses:
1. 1 drop of frankinscence with coconut oil on my face at night
2. 1 drop of lemon in my water, daily.
3. Lemon mixed with water to clean/disinfect my counters/tables/doorknobs instead of Lysol.
4. Lavender on burns to take away the sting.
5. Lavender on cuts to heal them quickly.
6. Lavender mixed with coconut oil and rubbed on feet to calm down a rambunctious child.
7. Melaluca (tea tree oil) on my facial blemishes.
8. Breathe blend mixed with coconut oil and rubbed on the chest for coughs and stuffy noses.
9. Lavender on mosquito bites to stop the itch.
10. Lavender, lemon and peppermint for allergies (this mixture is NO JOKE!! Allergies... gone!!)
11. Lavender, frankincense and melaluca mixed with lotion to soothe my daughter's ezcema.
12. Lavender under the eye to help with itchy eyes.
Can you tell how much I love Lavender??
I started adding new oils to my collection. Clove to help my baby with teething. It numbs the gums. Lemongrass, Purify and Terrashield mixed with lavender, peppermint and water make a GREAT non-toxic mosquito repellent, Grapefruit oil to disinfect counters and other surfaces... But the real test came last month. My husband began having some facial congestion, which for him, almost always leads to a sinus infection, doctor's visit and a round of antibiotics. I convinced him to let me try the oils. I went to Whole Foods and bought capsules. Every day, twice a day for 3 days, I gave him one drop of oregano, onGuard, lemon, lavender, and peppermint, mixed with coconut oil. In 4 days, he was completely well. My husband the skeptic was suddenly a believer. A few days after he had recovered, I started to feel sick. On day two of my sickness, I began taking the same thing twice a day and in 2 days, I had completely recovered, minus some lingering congestion. No OTC drugs, no five days of misery, no doctors appointments, no co-pays, no joke! At this point, I decided to jump on the DoTerra bandwagon. I was officially a believer. I paid my $35 and signed up to be a Wellness Advocate. I decided to tell everyone I knew how awesome EO's are and what they've done for my family's health.
I realize that caring for yourself and your children is personal. I know some of us are big fans of modern medicine, for good reason. I'm definitely not one to refuse to take my kids to the doctor. However, in the last few years, I've been looking for more natural ways to care for my family. Whether it be switching to a fluorine-free toothpaste for the kids, to buying a RO water purifier for our drinking water, I've realized that there is a lot of garbage we are exposed to on a daily basis. I prefer to find natural solutions to our needs, but realize that sometimes, medical intervention is necessary. EO's play a role in my ability to care for my family in a more natural way. I'm passionate about my family's health and wellness, as I'm sure, are you.
In addition, oils are so economical. For most things, you only need one drop of oil!! For example, I've been told that one drop of peppermint oil is equivalent to 25 cups of peppermint tea. Treating colds, healing cuts and scrapes or burns, and other everyday treatments get a lot less costly when you're talking about one drop of oil verses 1 of 12 pills in a package. Having a child with a special need is costly. Oils are one way I can help save our family money on medical bills, since I can treat *most* things successfully with them.
Are you curious about EO's? I'd love to share what I know! Feel free to ask me your questions, and I'll do my best to find the answers for you. You can go here for more information!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment