Decorations
I made a banner out of torn fabric strips, and I hung it on our table. I used clothespins to attach photos from Lydia's first year on the banner. Another thing I was particularly proud of were the cupcake "floral arrangements". I saw a picture of this on Facebook, and I determined I would replicate it. I had to watch a few videos on icing a cupcake to look like a flower. I also had to refine my technique of attaching the cupcakes to the Styrofoam in the flower pot. The finished product was beautiful and delicious! I really enjoyed making these for my baby.
Guests
We were so blessed by our guests. As I said, it was Labor Day weekend, so we knew attendance would be sparse. Holiday weekends are always busy, so we appreciated those who made time to celebrate with us and share in our joy.
Family
Danielle captured some absolutely breathtaking photos of our daughters, our family and my parents enjoying their grandchildren. We are so blessed to have such talented friends!
Cake
She loved it! The cupcakes were minis, so I gave her a chocolate and a vanilla one. She sampled the vanilla one, and then dug in!! She shoved the entire chocolate cupcake in her mouth all at once.
Lydia is a bright light in our family. From the day she was born, she has blessed us with her easy-going spirit, her smiles and laughter, her beautiful blue eyes and her curiosity. We have enjoyed every moment of Lydia's first year, and we look forward to many more! We are beyond blessed!

























No comments:
Post a Comment