I guess I like the idea of sewing. I married into a family that really can sew too, so the idea of taking up the hobby is quite daunting. My sister-in-law just launched a line of her own clothing. I've attached a link here. Yup, she designed and made prototypes of all those dresses. She also made her own wedding dress, and it was amazing. She has made clothes for my daughter too. Here's a photo of Juliet in one of the dresses her aunt made.
In addition to my sister-in-law's abilities, my mother-in-law can sew too. She is also amazing. She offered to make my wedding dress...had I really known what she could do at the time, I probably would have let her. Instead, I let her make my bridesmaids dresses, knowing it would be much less costly for my friends. Here's a photo of how they turned out.
She also made matching dresses for the candlelighters.
Surrounded by all this talent, I can't help but be inspired. So, I saved my pennies. My birthday was last month, and I saved every dime of birthday money. I've been saving since April, actually. When we visited my hubby's family in CA, I went to a sewing shop with my mother-in-law and she helped me pick out a machine that would work well. It wasn't cheap. It's an investment! Today, I placed the order. It should be arriving in a few days.
I have lots of ideas about projects. Since I've spent so much money on this machine, I'm hoping that will be motivation to actually complete the projects I've got my sights on. I'll keep you posted. It will be an adventure, nonetheless!

Ark! Don't leave me hanging! What kind did you get!?!
ReplyDelete