Monday, January 31, 2011

Babies, babies everywhere!!!

Everyone I know is having babies.  It's incredible.  Seriously, off the top of my head, I can think of at least six gals who are expecting between now and July.  From a close friend from KC, to about four girls I went to college with, to a girl I know who's pregnant with quads (yes, I said QUADS)...it seems like it's in the water!  It has been this way since I found out I was expecting last August.  My hubby and I made the announcement around 12 weeks, and at the time, we only knew of one other couple due around the same time as me.  Shortly after we announced, so did about ten other people!  Suddenly, we knew ten couples expecting between April and June!  It was insane.  I just went through a second round of girls I knew who were expecting between November and February, and now we are into round three.  Am I getting older?  Is this what I should expect for my 30's...babies, babies everywhere??

I must admit, the sudden rash of baby news has got me thinkin'.  You know the thought, ladies.  That little seed that gets planted somewhere in the dark regions of your brain.  The thought you never thought you'd think again after you had your last baby...is everyone with me now??  Yup, I've been thinkin'.  I really have no explanation for it.  Perhaps it's due to the fact that having a baby is so exciting.  Suddenly, you are the focus of so many people's attention (which can be good and bad).  All that anticipation builds for nine months until you finally get to meet your little bundle of joy.  And then the real work begins.  This is why I just can't believe I've been thinkin' lately.  As I was laying in bed last night, I was remembering being in labor.  And let me just say, that they should have a different, more vivid word for labor when it lasts almost 24 hours!  Anyway, as I was remembering, I actually thought to myself that it wasn't that bad!  Seriously??  I'm in trouble.  Plus, right after Juliet was born, I was miserable!  I was exhausted, and she was fussy...it was a rude awakening for me.  I had this vision of never getting to do ANYTHING again!  But here I am, 9 months down the road and I'm thinkin'...again!  What is wrong with me??

Perhaps it's the fact that we've been getting a full night's sleep for about a month now, and we are feeling rested.  Maybe it's because Juliet is so much fun right now, and she's also been a perfect angel as of late.  Or maybe it's due to the fact that I'm turning 30 in a few months, and I'm realizing that being younger is definitely a plus when having babies.  Perhaps it's because I tend to be a follower...I have no idea.  Disclaimer:  **Now Mom, please don't freak out!  This is NOT an announcement that we are trying!**  There are some goals I'd like to reach before getting pregnant again.  1) I would like to be finished breastfeeding Juliet, and I plan to stop at one year (3 months to go!).  2) I would like to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, and I've been hovering at about 10lbs. over that for about 6 months.  3) I'd like to be sleeping through the night consistently, so that I can make an informed, rational decision.  4) I'd like my hubby to be on board with the idea of more babies...he's kind of still on the fence right now!

So, I guess until I meet my "requirements" I will just have to be satisfied being happy for all my friends who are having babies.  We're developing quite the baby prayer list lately!  I'm okay with waiting...really.  Just because I've been thinkin' doesn't mean I've lost it completely!  So unless God decides to play a little trick on us, we will remain baby-free for the foreseeable future.  However, I can't be held responsible for what happens when I see all those cute and cuddly baby photos on Facebook...who knows what that will do to me!  It just might send me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment