I love music...always have. I especially love to sing. My memories from childhood include walking and playing in the woods behind our house and on our swing set while singing some of my favorite songs. Even now, as an adult, there has rarely been a year when I haven't been in a college or church choir. I always have a song in my heart or on my lips, and my car's radio is rarely switched off.
I drove up to Paris, Texas on Monday. From South Austin, it's roughly a six hour drive, depending on traffic and the number and length of stops I make. As always on a car trip, I grabbed my IPod, along with the radio converter so that I could listen to the music on it. Somewhere between Waco and Dallas, I decided to listen to Caedmon's Call. I love Caedmon's Call. My love of their music began in the late 90's when I was introduced to their album, My Calm//Your Storm. As I listened, I came across so many old favorites that brought up so many great memories. I thought in this post, I'd share the lyrics of some of my very favorite songs from Caedmon's Call. So here we go!
Too Tender from the album My Calm//Your Storm
Water, water everywhere, and I complain about my thirst.
The prescription's in my hand while the pain I curse.
I know the longer, I know the harder the walk will be.
With my calloused feet, and my too tender knees.
I stumbled upon the truth, and wished it'd get out of my way.
When I see the light, I pull down the shades.
I know the longer, I know the harder the walk will be.
With my calloused feet, and my too tender knees.
Shifting Sand from the album, 40 Acres
Sometimes I believe all the lies so I can do the things I should despise.
And everyday I am swayed by whatever is on my mind.
I hear it all depends on my faith so I'm feeling precarious.
The only problem I have with these mysteries is they're so mysterious.
And like a consumer I've been thinking if I could just get a bit more.
More than my 15 minutes of fame, then I'd be secure.
My faith is like shifting sand, changed by every wave.
My faith is like shifting sand so I'll stand on grace.
I begged you for some proof for my Thomas eyes to see.
Slithering staff and leprous hands and lions resting lazily.
A glimpse of Your backside glory and this soaked alter, going a'blaze.
But You know I've seen so much; I've explained it away.
My faith is like shifting sand, changed by every wave.
My faith is like shifting sand, so I'll stand on grace.
Waters rose as my doubts reigned
Sandcastle faith it slipped away
I found myself standing on Your grace,
You'd been there all the time.
Prepare Ye the Way from the album, Long Line of Leavers
The Word of the Lord came one evening
Concerning His bride's great sin
He'd send down His Word to renew her
To prepare for the Bridegroom again
The Word said repent
From seeking vain glories
While the gifts in the Lord's name you give
Repent of all the first stones cast to kill
While your own self-righteousness lives
Prepare ye the way for the Lord
Prepare ye the way for the kingdom
Prepare ye the way
Prepare ye the way for the Lord
The Word said repent and turn from your strivings
Repent and turn from your hatred
Repent from the doctrines of men that divide
And fear like the wedding gown ripped
Walk in His love like newborn children
Walk in His love, let the wedding gown mend
Walk in His love, with humility come with pure hearts
And cast all your cares to the wind
The Word of the Lord came one evening
Concerning His bride's sin
He assured me we will be forgiven
And then let the marriages begin
There are so many more favorites, but writing them all out would make for a very long blog post! Instead, let me encourage you to discover the music of Caedmon's Call for yourselves. I hope you'll love it as much as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment