I'm a mess today! Literally! I've actually been in tears once, and almost been in tears at least three times! What's wrong, you ask intuitively and compassionately? To be honest, I'm not sure I know. What I do know is that I'm all stuffy, and about 30 seconds ago, the waterworks almost kicked in again.
Today has been fine, really. Nothing major has happened. I guess it all started this morning. I had a FB message from someone in KC, and the homesickness overwhelmed and enveloped me like a wet rag. I really can't explain it! I haven't felt this way in a long time. There is really no reason to be homesick anyway. Things have changed in KC; they are not the same as when I left, and our lives have moved forward. I guess I just felt the loss of so many people I love so much. Here in Austin, I haven't made those kind of connections yet, and some days it's harder than others.
After that, I went to Bible Study at church. Other than feeling a bit moody, I got through that with flying colors...although, I did almost spontaneously burst into tears in my small group discussion time. Why would I do that? No clue. Suddenly I felt that all too familiar lump rise up in my throat, and I literally had to bite my lip to keep from sobbing in front of everyone.
After I got home and got Juliet down for a nap, another FB message and some more almost tears. Then the full-fledged crying came after I got off the phone with Austin Energy. It's a long story, but basically, I made a little error a few months ago and paid the cable company instead of the electric company. For that reason, when we move into our new house, I have to pay a $200 deposit. Not really worth crying over, I know...but what can I say? It's been a weird day.
Then not five minutes ago, I went to the garage to get the cat carriers out. I have to take both cats to the vet today to get updated on their vaccines. I looked in both to make sure there were no dead bugs, scorpions, or other various and sundry vermin lurking inside. What I found in one carrier is what nearly brought me to tears yet again; hair. My precious Aphie cat's hair is still in one. For my loyal blog followers, you'll recall Aphie is the sweet kitty I had to put to sleep in December when she suffered kidney failure. Even now, the carrier is sitting on the floor with big tufts of her hair in it. I just can't clean it out; I can't do it. I'll have to call the hubster down to help me with that before I take the kitties to the vet in 15 minutes.
Now I'm just praying I can make it through their vet appointment without totally flipping out. The last time I was at the vet's office was when I had to have Aphie put down, so I'd say there's at least a 70% chance I will burst into weeping and gnashing of teeth and make a total fool of myself. The one good thing about this day is my unbelievably beautiful and precious daughter. She is absolutely adorable. Currently, she is playing with one of the cats' collars. She walking around the living room and shaking it so that it jingles. She is my joy. I'm so thankful for her today. Okay, so two good things...my husband is amazing! I just called him down to clean the cat's hair out of the box, and he's doing it without one complaint! What a guy! I love him so much. Oh well, here's to hoping tomorrow isn't quite so blue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry! I wish we didn't have to have days like this! Tomorrow will be better...everything looks brighter in the morning! ((((hugs))))
ReplyDelete