
Last Thursday, we traveled to Wilton, CA to visit my in-laws for Easter. The travel was not so great (I'll have to write a separate post on that later), but the trip was. We stayed with my mother and father-in-law. They have only seen our sweet Juliet twice before, and the last time she was only five months old. Of course, they loved having us around.

In addition to visiting with them, we also were able to spend some time with my husband's brother his wife. They also live in California. They have three children. Kathryn is five, Ryan is two and sweet Emma is just four weeks. Most of the days we were there, all us were together. When you get four kids in the same house, chaos is not an accurate adjective. But even the chaos was pleasant.

On Sunday, we put Juliet in the frilliest pink dress we could find (thank you Target). It was adorable! I just wanted to eat her up...she was so cute. After church and a nap, we went to my brother-in-law's house for an Easter Egg Hunt and lunch. Between all the family and kiddos, there were eleven people there. My husband and his brother hid 79 eggs in the yard, which I filled with loose change, chocolate, and jelly beans. Then we released the kids. My little one found six colored eggs. She even put them in her easter basket (compliments of Grandpa)! Then her uncle loaded all the kids into the Radio Flyer wagon and took them for a stroll around the yard. It was the most precious thing I ever saw.

In addition to the eggs, my daughter also discovered a slide for the first time. She loved it! She would sit on the edge of the slide, smile, and slowly scoot her little bottom forward. Then, when she start to descend, she'd close her eyes and her mouth would fly into a wide open grin until she landed in her daddy's arms. My mother's heart loved every second, every photo.
Later, we had lunch and went for a walk. We loaded all the kids up in the Radio Flyer again and strolled through the neighborhood, feeling warm, happy and full. The next day was Monday, and we had to fly home. Leaving California is always bittersweet. While it's always nice to be home, we really enjoy the fellowship we share with my husband's family, especially his brother. Now that Juliet is old enough to enjoy her cousins, it's even harder. She took a real liking to their son, Ryan. On Sunday, she followed him around the house and yard, curious about what adventures he was getting into.
Though our trips to California are few, we cherish each one as special. I married into a great family, and I don't know many people who can say that. Oh sure, they have their quirks, but I'm blessed to be a part of them. I'm so glad that Juliet got to visit her cousins; I only wish she could see them more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment