Sunday, May 15, 2011

A New Sink

We got a lot done this weekend.  Yesterday, my husband and his brother-in-law drove up to Georgetown to pick up our new refrigerator, dishwasher and sink.  While he was gone, I painted doors; yes, doors.  As I mentioned before, the trim is different colors in different rooms.  Some rooms I'm leaving as is (off white) while others I'm painting white.  So, in some of the rooms that are white, I decided to paint the doors white.

Finally, around 4:30 pm, my hubby returned with my new (ish) appliances.  Actually, my sister and brother-in-law own them, but weren't using them so they donated them to us.  Since the fridge had been in storage, it was NASTY inside.  I should have taken a photo of that, but I didn't...oh well.  I started cleaning it out and realized my current sink was woefully insufficient (size wise) to deal with such a mess...plus, no sprayer!  Gasp!!  So, the hubster suggested switching out sinks.  He promised he could do it in just 45 minutes...of course I agreed.

This was my contribution to the project:


Yes, that is my cute little foot holding the sink up so the hubby could work on the underside of it.  


And this one is my handsome hubby working hard to install my new sink.  Jealous ladies??  You should be! 

Well, the sink didn't take only 45 minutes.  There were several issues that arose.  #1: The sink leaked.  Hubster was able to correct this minor mishap with a quick trip to Lowe's for a small part.  #2: We needed putty...don't ask me what for...all I know is that we had no putty.  #3: The sink was deeper than the old one and so hubster had to saw off one of the pipes to get it to fit properly.  Fortunately, his amazing and wonderful wife bought him a small saw for Christmas.  #4: There was a small problem with the hot water nozzle.  Hubster had to cut the water to the entire house today when he was making repairs to the leak.

Needless to say, with all these issues, a trip to Lowe's was imminent.  However, by this time, it was about 8pm, and we were both exhausted after a long day of work.  Fortunately, my parents had taken sweet Juliet for the night so we could work Saturday evening and Sunday.  So, we packed up, went home and got some much needed shut-eye.  

Ah, Sunday!  And what a gorgeous one it was.  I think it got up to about 80 degrees.  We opened all the windows...it was the picture perfect day.  Anyway, on his way over, my husband stopped to get the necessary parts.  We arrived at the house around 9am.  He went right to work on the sink.  After only about an hour, I came in to find him cleaning it with 409 and a sponge.  This is my new sink.


So shiny....so pretty!  I'm in love!  It's like the first sink that ever was....and it's mine!  My favorite feature is the sprayer that detaches from the main spout...so nice!  Oh yeah, and we were finally able to clean out the fridge and install the dishwasher.  Here's a photo of those appliances.


While hubster was working hard in the kitchen, I finished installing our new curtain rods and hanging our curtains in our Master bedroom.  Here's a photo of my hard work coming to fruition: 

Our bed is going between these windows.

It was a good weekend.  We really did get a lot accomplished.  We still have one big final project to finish.  But don't worry...I'll keep you posted on that!  Oh, and by the way, we got a rug for our living room...it's shag-a-rific!




2 comments:

  1. it's all so pretty! I especially love the picture of your contribution! :) Your new home will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'handyman package' sure comes in handy when you have a hubby. Hehehe. Your sink is gorgeous, and it even matches your shiny fridge and dishwasher! Most importantly, it looks good with your countertops. Great job, you guys. :D


    -Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete